Re: Reference implementation for temporal media fragments

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:56:35 +1000
To: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org> wrote:

> 2009/9/2 Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As promised, I have implemented a demo of temporal media fragments using
> > existing HTML5 video and javascript, as well as the extra
> X-Content-Duration
> > header:
> >
> http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/09/02/demo-of-deep-hyperlinking-into-html5-video/
> >
> > Am interested in feedback!
>
> nice work! particularly the bits with hashchange etc. are nifty --
> good to see the fragment handling can be entirely done in Javascript.

I should mention somewhere that the Firefox guys Chris Double and Chris
Pearce actually gave me good input to the thing, amongst else the idea of
the hashchange event.

> one question -- is it possible to check the response headers on the
> media?

You mean like finding out what http headers were received from javascript?
Yeah, I think that's possible.

> [I'm thinking about using # in the frontend and ? for the inner
> video retrieval, so that the fragment is user-visible and the parsing
> logic entirely client-side]

What do you mean by "inner video retrieval"?