Re: Reference implementation for temporal media fragments

From: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 17:21:28 +0900
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
2009/9/2 Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> As promised, I have implemented a demo of temporal media fragments using
> existing HTML5 video and javascript, as well as the extra X-Content-Duration
> header:
> http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/09/02/demo-of-deep-hyperlinking-into-html5-video/
>
> Am interested in feedback!

nice work! particularly the bits with hashchange etc. are nifty --
good to see the fragment handling can be entirely done in Javascript.

one question -- is it possible to check the response headers on the
media? [I'm thinking about using # in the frontend and ? for the inner
video retrieval, so that the fragment is user-visible and the parsing
logic entirely client-side]

Conrad.