W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > September 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 2 September, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 18:04:36 +0100
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-ID: <C6C312B4.7F41%michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Raphael, All,
 
I have to send regrets for tomorrow (a project meeting I'm hosting and hence
not able to join), very sorry.

However, I have something to report, which might should make our life
regarding test cases easier ;)

You might remember our recent discussion regarding tools for maintaining
test cases? Well I had a look around and ... didn't find anything :(

So I sat down and hacked together a tool, called 'corrib'
(COllaboRative-Reactive test case maIntenance tool for standardisation
Bureaucrats), which is now available in its early alpha version [1].

Feel free to play around with it and/or have a look at the source [2]. It is
very simple, though functional and should be easy enough to handle most
common cases. Some features:

+ list view and single-test-case view (in the 'Title' column)
+ tag-based categorisation ('semantic tags' using common tags [3]; fully
configurable)
+ tag cloud to quickly asses the coverage
+ Atom news feed of all added test cases
+ support for FOAF profiles (for contributors; fully configurable)
+ approved test cases can be linked to decision (meeting  minutes, etc.)
+ all the test case data is available natively in RDF over HTTP (aka as
'linked data' [4] ;)

If we want to go for it, I'm happy to receive feature requests and offer it
as open source for other W3C WGs ...

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
[2] http://bitbucket.org/mhausenblas/corrib/
[3] http://commontag.org/
[4] http://linkeddata.org/
 
-- 
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
NUIG - National University of Ireland, Galway
Ireland, Europe
Tel. +353 91 495730
http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
http://sw-app.org/about.html



> From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
> Organization: CWI
> Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 09:22:50 +0200
> To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
> Cc: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
> Subject: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 2 September, Telecon 1200 UTC
> Resent-From: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
> Resent-Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 07:23:44 +0000
> 
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
> 
> We have an exciting telecon coming. Please, find below the agenda for
> this week telecon:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=02&month=09&year=2009
> &hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0.
> 
> 
> Jack will scribe (Yves is on deck).
> We expect all the group participants, so if someone cannot make it,
> please write Erik and I an email stating whether your unavailability is
> due to a permanent bad scheduling (in case we have to change the telecon
> time) or is just temporary.
> 
> Highlights will be: discussion on the role of # and ? and discussion on
> protocol (communication server - UA).
> 
> We have *some* actions opened:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
> ALL, please, give status update during the call so we can identify the
> remaining bottlenecks.
> Best regards.
> 
>    Erik & RaphaŽl
> 
> ------------
> 
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-09-02
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 02 September *12:00-13:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=02&month=09&year=2009
> &hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> 
> 
> 02 September 2009, 1200 UTC
>               0500 (West US)
>               1300 (Galway)
>               1400 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
>               2100 (Tokyo)
>               2200 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Chair: Raphael
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Jack (On Deck: Yves)
> Regrets: Erik
> 
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
> 
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 26 August 2009 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * Next WG gathering:
>    - 17-18 September: Virtual Meeting, see the poll results:
> http://www.doodle.com/xbw9stfdmz3pr4nw (@Conrad, @Davy, @Dave, @Jack,
> @Philip, please, answer the questionnaire asap)
>    - 2-6 November: TPAC week in Santa Clara (CA, USA)?
> * ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
> (ongoing ... re-raise around 15/09/09)
> 
> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
> * ACTION-95: Michael to review ALL UC with a mobile hat on and check
> whether these sufficiently cover the mobile usage
> * ACTION-101: Yves to write a UC describing the use of aspect ratio
> feature, and thus motivating its usage
> * Use Cases and Requirements WD review:
>    - Media Annotations WG:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Aug/0020.html
>    - TimedText, SVG, HTML5+WHATWG:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/08/14-hcg-minutes.html#item04 (member only)
>    - TAG: Yves ... re-raise around 01/09/09
> 
> 3. SPECIFICATION:
> 
> 3.1 Terminology: (Silvia)
> * Change "URI" to "URI Reference" through the whole document since only
> a URI ref can be relative?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0066.html
> 
> 3.2 Syntax: (Yves)
> * Discussion 1: [proposal for resolution] we will *NOT* allow editUnits
> for specifying the temporal dimension?
> **
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0029.html
> **
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0036.html
> * Discussion 2: should we extend the syntax to have absolute time
> specification that contains day and year (see RTSP RFC, section 3.7)
> ** Should we adopt HTML5/SMIL EBNF syntax?
> * ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
> (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake) (ongoing ...
> re-raise around 01/09/09)
> 
> 3.3 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)
> * On the role of the '&' and the '#' in the Media Fragment
> specification:
> http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/08/19/jumping-to-time-offsets-in-videos/
> * ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of
> a media resource, for streamable formats
> 
> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
> * Michael: we need to carefully define the three different error cases:
> undefined/wrongly defined/not present; Might renumber the TC; See
> whether the TC could be put into a table (with support from a
> programmatic tool).
> * ACTION-93: Michael to revisit the TC and see which are affected by the
> temporal-optional-comma-decision
> * ACTION-99: Michael to add TC0010, TC0011 and TC0012 to the Test Cases
> page per WG decision
> 
> 5. ISSUES
> 
> 5.1 Active:
> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
> ** ACTION-82: Michael to flesh out TC vocabulary re ISSUE-9
> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
> ** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
> forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
> ** Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jun/0180.html
> (+ thread). How to restart the discussion? Ask Noah to have an item
> during the next call?
> 
> 5.2 Non-Active:
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
> client-side
> * ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
> * ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS)
> Sprites and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
> * ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register
> the fragment scheme for all media types
> 
> 6. IMPLEMENTATION:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
> logic could be implemented on client side
> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
> doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
> implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
> parsing
> * ACTION-90: Davy to provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to
> slice media files
> 
> 7. AOB
> 
> -- 
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
> 
> 
Received on Tuesday, 1 September 2009 17:05:20 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:34 GMT