Re: feedback on today's teleconf

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 09:54:34 +0200
Cc: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>

On 21 mei 2009, at 11:51, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> Tracker, this is ISSUE-10.
> There is another test case to consider,  which I forgot yesterday: we
> have to take into account whether a time frame is within the duration
> of a file or outside.
> So, for #t=x,y request, with x,y integer and y>x , we have several
> cases:
> * x,y <= duration which is the good case,
> * x,y > duration, in which case it should be "416 Requested Range Not
> Satisfiable" IMHO (same as the other problem cases)
> * x,y with x < duration and y > duration, in which case I am not
> really sure what to return (probably 206).

My suggestion for the latter would be to clip it, i.e. treat it as

Whatever we do, we should make sure that we do the same for spatial.
In other words, if we decide that xywh=0,0,200,200 on a picture of
100x100 will return xywh=0,0,100,100 then the same should happen for
temporal clips. And if either returns an error then so should the other.

And to pick a nit: I think the "trouble" cases are for x >= duration
and y > duration.