Re: Should we create issues for things that came out of action-53?

Dear Jack,

> the thread that I started on timecodes and such seems to be going into
> many different ways at once. There's various things I want to reply to,
> but I'm a bit afraid that if I jump right in and reply to the various
> issues there's a high chance that important issues will get buried in
> discussion about other things that will turn out to be non-issues.
>
> What is the best way to make sure that this doesn't happen? Should we
> separate issues into new threads? Should we create issues in the
> tracker? Or should we simply continue discussions as they're going right
> now?

Good point! I'm trying to play my memory role and to keep track of all
issues and write them down in the wiki. From your various threads, I
have noted:
   1/ Minor issues in the current syntax that deserve some warning in
our spec: we will discuss them in this week telecon;
   2/ Issue related to transcoding: is it allowed when cropping or not?
Does ffmpeg produce only transcoded versions of a fragment? How ffmpeg
does communicate the exact timeframe returned after the clipping
operation (often different from the client request)? How the audio and
video sync is guaranteed, see also http://wiki.xiph.org/OggSkeleton
   3/ Issue related to spatial cropping:
  . where that happens (client or server side)?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0085.html
  . how to communicate the original size when using percentage values
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0061.html

My advice would be to create ISSUE in the tracker for 2/ and 3/. Jack,
can you create them using [1]? An email with the issue text will be then
automatically sent to the public mailing list by the tracker.
Thanks!
Best regards.

   Raphaël

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/new