Re: Timecodes that are not zero-based

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:06:10 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear Jack, Silvia,

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl> wrote:
>> There's another issue I ran into while implementing. I seem to remember that
>> we've discussed it, but I'm not sure I remember the outcome of the
>> discussion correctly. So here goes. Please let me know whether the following
>> statement is correct.
>> If the original media starts at a timecode that is not zero, we still treat
>> it as such for addressing. In other words, if the first frame of a video has
>> timecode=10.0s and we request a clip with t=5, the first frame we receive
>> will be 5 seconds into the clip, and hence have timecode=15.0s.
>> Correct, so far?
>
> Yes and no. We said it would be up to the user agent to decide what
> makes sense for itself. So, if you want to deal with the full context,
> you do what you describe.

More precisely, the issue you are referring to is the ISSUE-1,
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/1 occurring
when combining media fragment URI with other time-clipping methods. We
have resolved this issue as Silvia pointed out, and the text is
available at:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Discussion
Cheers.