W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > March 2009

minutes of 2009-03-11 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:26:48 +0100
Message-ID: <49B7AE08.3010001@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
All,

The minutes of this week telecon are available for review at
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/11-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
below). Thanks Jack for the scribing, I have update the wiki page
accordingly.

I would like to amend them to formally add:
  * RESOLUTION: the group agrees to use 'segment' as the top-production 
rule in the media fragment syntax
and suggest the following action to Yves:
  * ACTION: Yves to modify the ABNF syntax in the wiki to take into 
account this resolution.

The remaining outstanding actions for all is to fill in asap the WD 
document based on the content from the wiki and according to the 
responsibilities given in each sections.

I have filled the questionnaire regarding the participation of the Media
Fragments WG in the next TPAC, see
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/TPAC2009/results (members only). The
summary reads:

"We have discussed whether the Media Fragments should attend the TPAC
2009 and meet other groups, see:
- http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#item03 and
- http://www.w3.org/2009/03/11-mediafrag-minutes.html#item01
The participants think the cost of this meeting is too high though they
recognize the added-value of meeting with all the other groups in
contrast to the regular WG face to face meetings. The Media Fragments WG
would favor the alternative proposed by Steve Brat: a cheaper meeting
held in MIT at the very early 2010 to meet other WGs"

Cheers!

   Erick & Raphael

----------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
11 Mar 2009
    [2]Agenda
       [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0029.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/11-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Raphael, Michael, Silvia, Jack, Thierry,
           Davy, Erik, Yves
    Regrets
           Conrad, Guillaume
    Chair
           Erik, Raphael
    Scribe
           Jack

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. Admin
          2. [6]2. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT
          3. [7]2.2 use cases
          4. [8]2.4 http implementation
          5. [9]3. issues
          6. [10]5. AOB
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 11 March 2009

    <raphael> yves, are joi joining?

    <raphael> Scribe: Jack

    <raphael> scribenick: jackjansen

1. Admin

    <raphael> accept the minutes:
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html ?

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <davy> +1

    <scribe> agenda:
    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Ma
    r/0029.html

      [13]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0029.html

    all: accepted

    resolved: 44

    RESOLUTION: 44

    <raphael> close ACTION-44

    <trackbot> ACTION-44 Take care of zakim bridge for F2F closed

    raphael: next issue: meeting at TPAC or not? Maybe we don't want to
    fly there in November, too expensive?

    Silvia: I probably won't make it

    Thierry: annotations WG probably will meet

    Raphael: suggests we meet at a cheaper place. Hotels in California
    are more expensive, and there's a fee too.
    ... next topic: teleconf time. Heads up that next weeks teleconf is
    an hour early too.

    Silvia: back to f2f: maybe I can arrange something through csiro?

    Raphael: lets postpone discussion to Barcelona. For now main point
    is meeting at TPAC or not (to meet other groups)

2. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT

    <raphael>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-req
    s/

      [14]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/

    raphael: some people seem to have CVS problems.

    Silvia: yes, I do.

    raphael: various people have no problems.

    <tmichel> I have also sent an email to the system about checking in
    documents

    <nessy>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-req
    s/

      [15]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/

    <erik> Erik: still problem (probably authentication issue)

    Silvia: where is the document?

    Michael: overview.html

    Raphael: html does not match xml. Needs to be processed by
    stylesheet.

    <raphael> Thierry has filled the section 3, I will checked it in

    Raphael: cvs up should give you updated documents
    ... back to syntax.

    <raphael>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXSEGMENT/

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXSEGMENT/

    Raphael: The questionaire.
    ... Everyone happy with segment, which has the majority?

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <raphael> close ACTION-45

    <trackbot> ACTION-45 Erik And Raphael to set up a questionnaire to
    find a name for the top level Media Fragment production rule closed

    yves: does this also change the other production names?

    Raphael: I think so. xxxfragment becomes xxxsegment for any xxx.
    ... Action 46 is ongoing.

    yves: had no time to work on it. In another f2f.

2.2 use cases

    Silvia: working on it, seems ok so far.

    Topic 2.3: existing technology.

    s/Topic 2.3: Topic: 2.3

    erik: only need to do copying.

    <raphael> close ACTION-23

    <trackbot> ACTION-23 (together with Jean-Pierre) to add TV-Anytime
    also to Existing Technologies Survey closed

2.4 http implementation

    <raphael>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementati
    on

      [17]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation

    Raphael: need to use real media. Jack suggests using prerecorded
    video from Nice
    ... Does current text capture intention?

    Yves: think so, need to check

    Silvia: me too

    Raphael: need to fill pro+con section, especially caching.

    <raphael> Jack: suggest to flip the examples ... 4-ways handshake is
    better equiped to have different ranges

    <raphael> ... while the 2-ways handshakes might return exactly what
    the UA has requested, and the UA will need to do an extra clipping

    <raphael> Yves: multi mime answer?

    <raphael> Jack: we do continuous segments or not?

    <raphael> Raphael: see the issue page
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Issues#Continuity
    _.2F_Discontinuity

      [18]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Issues#Continuity_.2F_Discontinuity

    Silvia: I want to reopen the discussion on 2way 4way
    ... maybe at next f2f.

    <raphael> Raphael: agree to make it a major topic of our next
    telecon

    Silvia: not reopen, more like clarify.

    <Yves> btw:
    [19]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p5-range-06

      [19] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p5-range-06

    Raphael: Silvia, can you write an email with your comments?

    Silvia: better to have everyone read it, and discuss it in 2 weeks
    time

    Raphael: ok.

    Silvia: will miss next week: product lunch
    ... (OR LAUNCH??)

    <nessy> yeah, product launch :)

    Raphael: Yves, what is the url you posted above?

    (offtopic: too bad, lunch seems more fun)

    Raphael: it's mandatory reading for everyone.

3. issues

    Raphael: do we need to update mimetype registrations?

    Michael: not necessary for first draft. I haven't done anything yet,
    but please keep it open.
    ... will come with proposal after talking to various people.

    <raphael> +1 for Michael

    <nessy> +1

    Raphael: ok, should we keep it on agenda?

    Michael: don't care

    Raphael: on to issue 4. Track names.

    Silvia: I'm both pro and con, actually.
    ... con because its up to the containerr
    ... pro because it's handy from user pov

    <raphael> Jack: I'm also pro and con

    <raphael> ... I'm against it at this point in time

    <raphael> ... I'm afraid we standardize it incorrectly

    <raphael> ... we are going more in the metadata field

    <raphael> Raphael: agree, we might need more expertise and postpone
    that later

    <raphael> Jack: I suggest we study it more, particularly the WAI

    <raphael> Raphael: should we try to invite some of them in a
    telecon?

    Raphael: I'll put it on the agenda for the next cross-wg teleconf
    with them
    ... but after first working draft.

    <raphael> Jack: yes, but put a paragraph explaining the rationale in
    the WD

    <raphael> +1

    <nessy> +1

    <davy> +1

5. AOB

    Raphael: nothing on implementation. AOB?
    ... Nothing? Ok.
    ... Everyone needs to read http document.
    ... Also: everyone take care we copy all info to wd.

    Michael: asks Yves to give occasional updates on httpbis

    Yves: info is publicly available in minutes.

    raphael, are you doing the magic?

    Ah, yves does.

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Science Park 123, 1098 XG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 11 March 2009 12:27:30 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT