Re: Description of the 2-ways and the 4-ways handshake

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:52:57 +0100
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>

On 10 mrt 2009, at 16:28, RaphaŽl Troncy wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
>> in the first example (2-way) you make the server return a different
>> range than the client requested, and also the range returned was
>> nice and ragged. With the second example, with all the nice
>> numbers, could something similar be happening too? For a
>> documentation point of view it might be a good idea to return those
>> same ranges, unless there really is a difference.
>
> Yes, of course, it is unlikely we get nice round numbers for the
> second example too. The main reason is my laziness and the fact that
> this all example is anyway staged.
> What I would suggest for the sake of documentation is to use a real
> media resource (on the jigsaw) server, describe a fragment request
> that makes sense for this particular resource, and see what time
> ranges (and byte ranges in the 2nd example) are actually returned.
> Can someone work on that?

Ah, yes!!
I recorded a video of you in our Nice meeting, specifically for this
purpose!

Now the only thing to be done is that I need to remember where it
is:-) Probably at home, I'll check.

Ah, no, of course, it's online. I created the SMIL examples of the
state of the art document with it. In <http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/State_of_the_Art
 > you'll find not only the video, but also relevant in- and out-
points. Feel free to copy the media to somewhere else, and convert it
to ogv or whatever.
Goldman