RE: ABNF for fragment syntax

I agree. However, in this context, one possibility is to provide a shortcut
for the user to make a selection based on the media type, independent of the
track name provided by the container format. Hence, media.mp4#track=audio
would then be an easy way (i.e., without the need to know information about
track names) to request only the audio track(s) within a given media file.
The question remains how to deal with the situation of multiple tracks of
the same media type: deliver all these tracks, deliver only the first, ...
Do you think such a shortcut would be meaningful?

Best regards,

Davy

--
Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Electronics and Information Systems
Multimedia Lab