Re: Media Fragment URI Syntax: 3 polls now open

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:58:42 +0100
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>

Dear Dave,

>> TRBL (aka. Top, Right, Bottom, Left):
>> http://www.example.com/video.mov#trbl=40,20,20,40
>>     * Pro: common (used by CSS), not possible to crop outside the
>> media (assuming positive int)
>
> why is it not possible to crop outside the media? if video.mov has
> dimensions of 10x10, doesn't the above select an area wholly outside
> it?  in particular, why does changing the order from TLBR to TRBL
> introduce this?
>
> yes, I am confused, or at least puzzled.

You're right that the arguments pro/con of the 4 possibilities are
confusing and arguable. The WG has decided for this particular question
to propose the 4 alternatives in the Working Draft, and let the
community which one(s) should be kept in the final syntax. We will put
in the document a paragraph explaining why we do not choose :-)