W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > January 2009

minutes of 2009-01-28 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:49:49 +0100
Message-ID: <49807E9D.2090205@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

All,

The minutes of today's telecon are available for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format 
below). Thanks Jack for the scribing, I have update the wiki page 
accordingly.

The WG took the following 4 decisions by consensus:
   - RESOLUTION: the primary separator will be the ampersand ('&') character
   - RESOLUTION: the WG will propose the 4 schemes for defining a 
rectangle region in the FPWD and let the community decides
   - RESOLUTION: quotes (for track and id) are optional
   - RESOLUTION: only single quotes are allowed since double quotes are 
forbidden in uri construction (i.e. need to be % escaped)

Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

-----------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
28 Jan 2009
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jan/0061.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-irc

Attendees
    Present
           Erik, Raphael, Yves, Thierry, Michael, Jack, Silvia, Davy,
           conrad_(irc)
    Regrets
    Chair
           Erik
    Scribe
           Jack
Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. Admin
          2. [6]3. Working Draft
          3. [7]4. issues
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

1. Admin

    <raphael> +1 for accepting minutes

    <davy> +1

    <erik> +1

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <Yves> +1

    raphael: minutes accpeted?

    all: yes

    <silvia> [9]http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

       [9] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

    raphael: should we change meeting slot for Dave?
    ... for now lets keep it as-is

    yes

    <mhausenblas> Michael: volunteers to review the MA doc

    <scribe> ACTION: michael to review Use Cases and Requirements for
    Ontology and API for Media Object 1.0 [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-36 - Review Use Cases and Requirements for
    Ontology and API for Media Object 1.0 [on Michael Hausenblas - due
    2009-02-04].

    erik: agenda item 2, future participants

    raphael: blinx will not join.
    ... teleconf with dailymotion soon

    michael: wolfgang is interested, could be invited expert.

    <raphael> Wolfgang Jochum

    raphael: mixup of wolfgangs.

    michael: ah! Will ask him today

    yves: no progress on google

    <raphael> close ACTION-1

    <trackbot> ACTION-1 Contact Google AC Rep re member of MediaFrag WG
    till next week closed

    close action 1

    close action 17

    <raphael> close ACTION-17

    <trackbot> ACTION-17 Find out with Philippe who from Google would be
    interested to join closed

    erik: will do final attempt for cisco
    ... also get guillaume on board again

3. Working Draft

    erik: agenda item 3

    raphael: template is ready, will email details

    <raphael> short: media-frag-reqs

    <mhausenblas> as already mentioned re ACTION-32 ... I can contribute
    as well to support you ... in case I've CVS access (got my CVS
    account set up for W3C ;)

    close action 33

    yves: if cvs access does not work mail me

    <raphael> Discussion about the syntax

    <raphael> close ACTION-25

    <trackbot> ACTION-25 Describe why smpte is the only frame accurate
    one closed

    <raphael> Jack: we need SMPTE for frame accuracy

    <raphael> Dave: we only need rational numbers

    <raphael> +1 with Jack for having SMPTE timecode only

    silvia: rational numbers not used often
    ... smpte is better

    close action 25

    <trackbot> ACTION-25 Describe why smpte is the only frame accurate
    one closed

    raphael: on to action 27, units to use (pixels, cm, inch, etc)

    yves: will work on it

    <raphael> Results:
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXSEPARATOR/results

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXSEPARATOR/results

    jack: nothing done yet on 28

    <raphael> 6 for ampersand, 1 for semi-colon

    erik: separators.

    silvia: there is a bit of an issue with thousands separators. Let's
    state we do not use them.

    <raphael> +1

    <Yves> +1 to not using thousands separators

    <Jack> +1

    raphael: primary separator: 6 votes for &, one for ;
    ... others please vote
    ... reololution: primary separator is ampoersand

    <raphael> RESOLVED: primary separator will be the ampersand
    character

    <raphael> Second poll:
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXRECTANGLE/results

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXRECTANGLE/results

    erik: rects has silvia as odd-man-out

    silvia: css does not use xywh. it uses trbl

    raphael: in email I said we should allow trbl and xywh

    RESOLUTION: primary separator will be the ampersand character

    silvia: maybe do all

    raphael: lets do all for the first wd
    ... let the community decide

    <raphael> raphael: I suggest to put in the WD the various
    possibilities, and let the community decide

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <erik> +1

    +1

    <davy> +1

    <silvia> +1

    <raphael> next poll results:
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXQUOTE/results

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXQUOTE/results

    RESOLUTION: will do all 4 schemes for the first working draft and
    let the community decide

    erik: next one: the quotes

    <mhausenblas> just for the record, as I guess we will not be able to
    approach agenda item 4 today anymore

    <mhausenblas> I've created an issue now for the registry stuff, see
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3

    <Yves> like & -> &amp; " -> &#XX;

    silvia: double quotes are not allowed in urls according to spec.
    ... will also check for &, while we're at it

    erik: everybody says optional, except michael.

    michael: not too strong an opinion. I'm fine with optional

    RESOLUTION: quotes are optional. Single or double tbd

    silvia: ampersand is allowed (unlike double quote)

    <silvia> sub-delims = "!" / "$" / "&" / "'" / "(" / ")"

    <silvia> / "*" / "+" / "," / ";" / "="

    <silvia> gen-delims = ":" / "/" / "?" / "#" / "[" / "]" / "@"

    <silvia> sub-delims = "!" / "$" / "&" / "'" / "(" / ")"

    <silvia> / "*" / "+" / "," / ";" / "="

    <silvia> [15]http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

      [15] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

    <raphael> raphael thinks that Silvia said that double quotes are
    simply forbidden as per RFC3986

    RESOLUTION: we use only single quotes as double are not in uri
    construction

    <raphael> +1

    <erik> +1

    <silvia> +1

    +1

    raphael: will send wrapup of feedback to list (
    ... action 22 can be closed

    close action-22

    <trackbot> ACTION-22 Complete the table, trying to get the answer
    for the current question marks, except when this is a close format
    closed

4. issues

    <raphael> discussion about ISSUE-1:
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/1

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/1

    silvia: summarizes mail discussion, we want scenario 3

    <mhausenblas> Agenda:
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Ja
    n/0061.html

      [17] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jan/0061.html

    jack: violently agrees with silvia

    raphael: will summarize

    <scribe> ACTION: raphaŽl to summarize clip-combining discussion
    [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-37 - Summarize clip-combining discussion
    [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due 2009-02-04].

    <raphael> ISSUE-2:
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/2

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/2

    <trackbot> ISSUE-2 What is the mime type of a media fragment? What
    is its relation with its parent resource? notes added

    erik: on to mime types for fragments

    <mhausenblas> Michael: question is blurry, for me more issues, I've
    created ISSUE-3 re the registry part of it

    <raphael> Yves: when we create a new representation (new mime-type),
    we create a new resource

    yves: new mime-type means new resource

    <silvia> +1

    michael: sounds good

    +1

    <davy> +1

    <erik> +1

    <mhausenblas> ISSUE-3:
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3

    <trackbot> ISSUE-3 Does our MF URI syntax imlpy that we need to
    update MIME Type registrations? notes added

    silvia: this goes beyond our scope

    <raphael> registry is not possible since we do not own the mime
    types jpg, jpg2000, avi, mov, etc.

    michael: but if we follow specs to the letter we must.

    <silvia> [21]http://example.com/image.jpg#trbl=2,4,4,6

      [21] http://example.com/image.jpg#trbl=2

    michael: need to show we have addressed this issue (even if by
    ignoring it because we cannot fix it)

    <raphael> Silvia: temporalURI had the same problem ...

    <raphael> Silvia: we did that for ogg because we own the format

    <raphael> scribenick: raphael

    Silvia: I do not agree we have a problem here ... we have discussed
    that from the beginning

    Michael: we have 2 different opinions
    ... I think Raphael said 'we do not care'
    ... and I say we should care

    Raphael: I said, we stick in the general framework of RFC3986,
    unspecified semantics

    <mhausenblas> +1

    Raphael: should we write a paragraph to state what we aim for ?

    Michael: yes, I volunteer to do draft that

    <mhausenblas> Michael: sorry for missinterpreting Raphael, ack his
    wording

    <silvia> +1

    <scribe> ACTION: Michael to draft a paragraph that will solve
    ISSUE-3 [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-38 - Draft a paragraph that will solve
    ISSUE-3 [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2009-02-04].

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <mhausenblas> Michael: notes to himself re action 4 that he needs to
    include the sentence 'we don't own specs, so general case applies;

    <mhausenblas> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Michael to draft a paragraph that will solve ISSUE-3
    [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: michael to review Use Cases and Requirements for
    Ontology and API for Media Object 1.0 [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: raphael to summarize comnining time clipping dicsusion
    [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: raphaŽl to summarize clip-combining discussion
    [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Science Park 123, 1098 XG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 28 January 2009 15:50:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT