Re: ABNF for fragment syntax

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

>>> yes, I used mediafragment there as we might use this also for query URI,
>>> construct first-class URIs for "fragments" (as fragment is heavily
>>> overloaded, we might find another word to describe parts of a document)
>>
>> I would make this explicit and create e.g. an element called "segment"
>> that can explicitly be either a query or a fragment.
>
> That's the purpose of 'mediafragment'
> I incorporated most comments in the Wiki:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Formal_Grammar
> Please let me know if I missed something. (I will add the query part if the
> solution for fragment seems ok to you).

By its sheer name, 'mediafragment' too obviously just addresses the
'fragment' and not the 'query' part of the URI. Maybe we can think of
something better. That's why I suggested 'segment'. We could also use
'extract' or 'subpart' - something that incorporates the extraction of
a thumbnail from a video as well as the creation of a video extract.