Re: code for specification

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 00:55:52 +1000
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
2009/8/20 RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>:
>> Don't worry about it - I just got it.
>> A simple "cvs update" doesn't get you the new directories - you have
>> to do "cvs update -d".
>
> I'm glad you find out by yourself, and I love your irritated tweet :-) Next
> time, add a @W3C ;-) I guess you're interacting with CVS with commands line,
> right? If you go for a tool such as TortoiseCVS, then by default, an cvs
> update ... updates everything, including new directories, so it is
> relatively transparent.

I'm on a Mac. Also, I prefer the commandline for things that relate to
coding in one way shape or form. :-)

>> I hate cvs - when can the W3C finally move to a more modern version
>> control system?
>
> GIT ! Yves ?

I'd be happy with SVN or BZR, too, but please not the antiquated CVS.
BTW: today I heard of another organisation that still uses RCS. So,
relative to that, the W3C is "modern" (only about 10 years behind, not
20 :).