Re: minutes of 2009-08-12 teleconference

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:39:58 +0200
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>

On 18 aug 2009, at 10:33, RaphaŽl Troncy wrote:

>   RESOLUTION: TC0002 is approved
>

>   RESOLUTION: TC0003 is approved
>

>   <raphael> Correction, re TC0005
>
>   <raphael> Proposal: 200, the entire representation is returned
>

>   <raphael> Proposal: 200, the entire representation is returned

This doesn't look right, from a design cleanliness point of view. Now
we have, for parameters that are known to refer to an empty selection,
an error for two of our axes (time, space) and the whole resource for
two other axes (id, track). If we decide to stick with this (after
all: I wasn't in the meeting, so who am I to complain:-) we need a
paragraph with a very good rationale as to why we treat these two
differently.

I think the "convenience" argument doesn't hold, because the most
convenient way to get the whole resource is to not specify the axis at
all (and I don't think we really need a convenient way to get an error message:-)
.

Goldman