Re: minutes of 2009-08-12 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:48:51 +0200
To: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
CC: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Dear Jack, all,

>>   <raphael> Correction, re TC0005
>>   <raphael> Proposal: 200, the entire representation is returned
>>   <raphael> Proposal: 200, the entire representation is returned
>
> This doesn't look right, from a design cleanliness point of view. Now we
> have, for parameters that are known to refer to an empty selection, an
> error for two of our axes (time, space) and the whole resource for two
> other axes (id, track). If we decide to stick with this (after all: I
> wasn't in the meeting, so who am I to complain:-) we need a paragraph
> with a very good rationale as to why we treat these two differently.
>
> I think the "convenience" argument doesn't hold, because the most
> convenient way to get the whole resource is to not specify the axis at
> all (and I don't think we really need a convenient way to get an error
> message:-).

I know you have discussed that in today's telecon. I understand from the
minutes that:
   - We need to carefully define the three different error cases:
undefined/wrongly defined/not present;
   - We might need to renumber the Test Cases;
   - Michael might investigate whether there is programmatic tool to
support that;

Am I missing something? Do you agree with the approval of the TC0005 and
TC0006 as they are in the wiki [1]?

   RaphaŽl

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/index.php?title=TestCases&oldid=796