W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > August 2009

Regrets: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 12 August, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: Guillaume Olivrin <golivrin@meraka.org.za>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:58:24 +0200
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1250063904.4578.57.camel@video-lab>
Dear Fragmenters,

Regrets for this teleconference, I will be attending a company
workshop. 

I will also be attending our teleconferences more sporadically over the
second half of August and over September for I have to concentrate on
writing PhD, papers and reports - tough times ahead!

Best Regards,
Guillaume 

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 13:36 +0200, erik mannens wrote:
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> Please, find below the agenda for tomorrow’s telecon.
> 
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=12&month=08&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0.
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> Best regards.
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> Raphaël & Erik
> 
>  
> 
> ------------
> 
>  
> 
> AGENDA Teleconference
> 
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-08-12
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Wednesday, 12 August *12:00-13:00 UTC*
> 
> Local time:
> 
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=12&month=08&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 12 August 2009, 1200 UTC
> 
>               0500 (West US)
> 
>               1300 (Galway)
> 
>               1400 (Amsterdam, Paris, Pretoria)
> 
>               2100 (Tokyo)
> 
>               2200 (Sydney)
> 
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> 
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> 
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> 
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> 
> Duration : 60 minutes
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> 
> W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> 
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> 
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> 
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> 
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>  
> 
> Chair: Raphael/Erik
> 
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> 
> Scribe: Conrad, Erik
> 
> Regrets: most probably Yves
> 
>  
> 
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> 
> members and invited experts only.
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 1. ADMIN:
> 
> * Roll call
> 
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 15 & 22 July 2009 telecon:
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-minutes.html
> 
> * ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
> (ongoing … re-raise around 15/09/09)
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
> 
> * ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our
> document
> 
> * ACTION-74: Erik, Raphael, and Yves to request feedback of other
> groups such
> 
> as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText
> (ongoing … re-raise around 15/09/09)
> 
> * To be discussed: Live Streaming UC (see Mail Silvia …
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jul/0028.html) 
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 3. SPECIFICATION:
> 
>  
> 
> 3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
> 
> * ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
> 
> (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake) (ongoing …
> re-raise around 15/08/09, after IETF Meeting)
> 
> * ACTION-93: Michael to revisit the TC and see which are affected by
> the temporal-optional-comma-decision
> 
>  
> 
> 3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)
> 
> * ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure
> of
> 
> a media resource, for streamable formats (ongoing … re-raise around
> 01/09/09, when having had full discussion)
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
> 
> * See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases
> 
> ** review some more TC’s
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 5. ISSUES
> 
> * ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to
> update
> 
> MIME Type registrations?
> 
> ** ACTION-89: Yves to find out more about fragment identifier
> registration (ongoing … re-raise around 15/08/09, after IETF Meeting)
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia] : Should we pre-define some track names?
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
> 
> client-side
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
> 
> ** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
> 
> forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and
> Processing
> 
> ** ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the
> client should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media
> Fragment Resolution"
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test
> Cases?
> 
> ** ACTION-82: Michael to flesh out TC vocabulary re ISSUE-9
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-10 [Michael] : Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance 
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 6. IMPLEMENTATION:
> 
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he
> could
> 
> implement the logic on client side
> 
> * ACTION-91: Guillaume to look at the python gst lib
> 
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
> 
> logic could be implemented on client side
> 
> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
> 
> doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
> 
> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
> 
> implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
> 
> parsing
> 
> * ACTION-90: Davy to provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to
> slice media files
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 7. AOB
> 
>  
> 
>                                    
> ______________________________________________________________________
> http://www.ibbt.be/en/disclaimer
> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 12 August 2009 08:03:29 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:34 GMT