Re: Results of the media type review regarding fragment identifier (semantics)

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:09:10 +0200
To: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Michael,

> As of my actions [1] and  [2] regarding our ISSUE-3 I have now performed the
> review of the IANA media types registry. The question was how many media
> types in the audio-visual domain exist that define fragment identifiers and
> if so, where potential clashes with our proposed syntax/semantics exist.
>
> Short answer: 0.
> Long answer: see my write-up at the Wiki [3]

Thanks for this work. It is indeed a good news.
Would you agree to close as well the ISSUE-3 based on your findings?

Regarding your second question, I would also be in favor to approach the
editors of MPEG-21 Part 17 in order to clarify why they didn't go to
IANA and even try to have an estimate of how spread and implemented is
the scheme they have designed.
Erik, Davy, gien that Rik was editor of MPEG-21, would you be able to
approach them?
Cheers.