Re: ISSUE-8 (MF WG decisions): Missing collection of MF WG decisions

Michael,

Media Fragments Working Group Issue Tracker a écrit :
> ISSUE-8 (MF WG decisions): Missing collection of MF WG decisions
>
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/8
>
> Raised by: Michael Hausenblas On product:
>
> When working on the 'UA MF res-pro' issue I encountered that we don't
> have a Wiki page where all decisions (whenever we say RESOLVED: in
> the meetings) are recorded. This is necessary to keep track of what
> has been decided and being able to refer to it in the documents and
> for external parties.
>
> I'd suggest the chairs initially create and fill this page (with the
> decisions made so far) and the respective scribes update them in case
> a decision has been made in 'their' meeting.

Indeed, there is currently no centralized wiki page that gathers all the
RESOLUTION made by the WG. But, one can find various resolutions
summarized at different pages on the wiki, e.g.
   - the Cannes F2F meeting resolution [1]
   - the Ghent F2F meeting resolution [2]
Why would you like to have a centralized page for that? Do we really
want that and is that not an overkill?

What I have noticed in this WG, is that generally the group is good at
discussing a thread, and at some point someone summarizes the discussion
and put that up front on a wiki page. You will see that for all major
point of discussion. Why do we need more? From your experience in
previous WG, could you point us towards a similar mechanism where the
group would have centralized all its resolutions?
Cheers.

   Raphaël

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Issues#Cannes_face-to-face_meeting_resolutions