W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > April 2009

Re: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing

From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 09:56:54 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-ID: <C610A5E6.3D8D%michael.hausenblas@deri.org>

Silvia,

> Nice work! In fact, I think the F2F was really very productive and I
> am very sorry I wasn't able to attend.

Thanks! And yes: very productive and sad that we didn't meet F2F - next time
maybe? ;)


> A little feedback on this:
> I think the response validation needs more details. We need to specify
> -  just like we specified what a valid media fragment URI is - what a
> valid response looks like and refer to that specification.
> 

Certainly. The problem is, as you know, that we have not yet agreed upon how
the HTTP communication will actually work, that is, which header fields are
used (have to be defined in HTTPbis, etc.).

Hence I took a top-down approach, putting stuff in there that occurred
stable to me already and left out the details where we still have to decide
how to do this. As time goes by and we agree on the details, these will be
added, rest assured ;)

Further details, comments, notes, proposals are welcome - hey, its a Wiki,
right? :)

Cheers,
      Michael

-- 
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,
Galway, Ireland, Europe
Tel. +353 91 495730
http://sw-app.org/about.html
http://webofdata.wordpress.com/


> From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:39:27 +1000
> To: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
> Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
> Subject: Re: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
> 
> Nice work! In fact, I think the F2F was really very productive and I
> am very sorry I wasn't able to attend.
> 
> A little feedback on this:
> I think the response validation needs more details. We need to specify
> -  just like we specified what a valid media fragment URI is - what a
> valid response looks like and refer to that specification.
> 
> Cheers,
> Silvia.
> 
> 
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 2:36 AM, Michael Hausenblas
> <michael.hausenblas@deri.org> wrote:
>> All,
>> 
>> As of my ACTION-64 [1] regarding the 'User Agent Media Fragment Resolution
>> and Processing' I have started to describe the necessary steps on the Wiki
>> [2]. Comments (best inline in the Wiki) are very welcome!
>> 
>> Tracker, this is ISSUE-7.
>> 
>> Cheers,
>>      Michael
>> [1]
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/64
>> [2]
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFragmentResolut
>> ion
>> 
>> --
>> Dr. Michael Hausenblas
>> DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
>> National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,
>> Galway, Ireland, Europe
>> Tel. +353 91 495730
>> http://sw-app.org/about.html
>> http://webofdata.wordpress.com/
>> 
>> 
>> 
Received on Sunday, 19 April 2009 07:57:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:33 GMT