RE: SMIL section of state-of-the-art document done

Hi Silvia, all,

The model for audio and video resources that I have developed is not
designed from a fragment addressing point of view. It is made from an
adaptation point of view and is closely related with the structure of the
media resources and addresses a resource in terms of bytes. A trivial
version of such a model could be that a video resource consists of a list of
frames, and that for each video frame the start offset and length in terms
of bytes are included. The CMML/ROE solution does not provide direct links
to the bytes (I guess this is left over to the application) implying that it
will not be trivial to map my model in ROE ;-). My model could help with the
implementation of adaptation software interpreting the URI scheme we are
defining while ROE could be a way to address tracks in a media resource
using this URI scheme. I think that ROE could be compared to the logical
model described in MPEG-21 part 17 (see also on the wiki [1]): it allows you
to describe the structure of media resource (i.e., container format) and
provides a mean to address parts of this structure in an URI scheme.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/State_of_the_Art#MPEG-21_Part
_17:_Fragment_Identification_of_MPEG_Resources_.28Davy_.2F_Silvia.29.

Best regards,

Davy

--
Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Electronics and Information Systems Multimedia Lab