Re: SMIL section of state-of-the-art document done

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:37:48 +0100
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

>> Also note that <area> *must* use ltrb-style to be consistent: if the shape
>> is a polygon you must specify x0,y0,x1,y1,x2,y2, ... anyway, so if you don't
>> do a point pair for a rectangle (but in stead a point, size pair) things
>> become messy.
>
> I see where you're coming from. I'd still prefer having just one
> parameter and however many values we need after that to keep it
> compact in a URI. But that's just me and up for discussion. :-)

Need to think more about the problem, but naturally, I would prefer to
have everything explicit, which means, Jack's solution of naming out all
properties used for defining the rectangle. The single parameter with
with a comma separated values list has the major disadvantage of
embedding implicit semantics, i.e., you _have to_ know for each values
to what they correspond.
My 2c.