YouTube / Google video time offsets

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 05:38:11 +1100
To: "Media Fragment" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

Hi all,

I am in contact with Ken Harrenstien from Google/YouTube about joining
our efforts.

As I tried finding out more about what he does, I came across this
blog post: http://googlevideo.blogspot.com/2008/06/closed-captioning-search-options.html
.

Ken was involved with implementation of a time offset scheme into
YouTube videos using URI fragments!!!

The scheme is used for search results when searching captions on
videos. He posted an example of such a search in the blog post - make
sure you turn on "list view" in google video search to see the URIs:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=%22that%27s+a+tremendous+gift%22&sitesearch=#
Then you'll get a link called "Start playing at search term" and the
following link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3047771997186190855&ei=MCH-SNfJD5HS2gKirMD2Dg&q=%22that%27s+a+tremendous+gift%22#50m16s
.

Notice how the temporal fragment is specified through "#50m16s" ?

I'm sure Ken would be an awesome addition to our group and help
implement whatever we come up with in YouTube.