Video resource model

From: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:35:43 +0200
To: <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

regarding the video resource model [1] proposed by Silvia: do we assume that
any video (or media) resource will appear as described in the model, i.e.,
media resources packed in a container format? Various media resources are
available as elementary bitstreams, not packed in any container format
(e.g., mp3 audio files). We are working towards a format-independent
URI-based fragment identifier mechanism, but what do we mean with 'format'?
Coding formats, container formats, or both? I prefer both, since we cannot
demand that all the media on the web is packed within a container IMO.

Hence, for the moment, the model for media resources represents a 'full
option' media resource, containing almost every possible media track and
packed in a container. Maybe we should also specify which subsets are
possible for this model?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Glossary#Video_Resource

Best regards,

Davy

--
Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Faculty of Engineering
Department of Electronics and Information Systems
Multimedia Lab

Gaston Crommenlaan 8 bus 201
B-9050 Ledeberg-Ghent
Belgium