Re: [mediacapture-main] Pull Request: Extend iframe with a new allowusermedia attribute (issue: #268)

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 20:34:15 +1100
To: Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Cc: Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 10 February 2016 at 20:26, Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK
<stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
> Where did you get that figure? I noted that the "floating proposal" has
> some data, but there is no data for gUM and iFrames.

Yes, that data is purely generic from what I can see.  I didn't mean
to imply that it applied to gUM.

> One thought that struck me: would explicit delegation also apply to
> same-origin iFrames?

Well, that's a part that #313 doesn't cover and it should.  A
same-origin iframe can just reach out and access its parent's DOM, so
any restriction is pointless.  The permissions delegation option has
same-origin iframes gain permissions automatically.