RE: Canceling pending getUserMedia() call

From: Josh Soref <jsoref@blackberry.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:52:18 +0000
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
Jan-Ivar wrote:
> Seems reasonable, except I don't like that this means that the
> permission prompt could change from under the user. The user could be
> about to hit "Allow" - intending to allow audio-only - when the request
> changes to video+audio, causing the users to accidentally grant more
> than they intended.

That's a QoI detail. The UA could detect that the user is w/in some interval
of interacting w/ the permission and freeze out updates. Or, if it doesn't
freeze out updates and the user interacts w/ the grant w/in some interval of
the change, the UA could split the prompt explaining that the permission
changed and give the user a choice.

Or something else. UX implementation details are left to implementers to
innovate/improve. The spec just needs to not prevent UAs from doing something
reasonable.