Re: Canceling pending getUserMedia() call

From: Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 10:46:53 -0500
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
On 1/28/15 10:20 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>> Why would you call gUM again if you already have an outstanding request?
> Because I need audio+video and the previous+prending gUM was just about audio.

That's an interesting problem. I could be wrong, but I believe UAs are
already allowed to bundle permission requests in order to bug the user
less (none do today AFAIK).

But again I see issues: In your case, lets say a UA were to replace the
first audio-only prompt with the second audio+video prompt when the
second request happens, and if the user allows it, resolve both requests.

Seems reasonable, except I don't like that this means that the
permission prompt could change from under the user. The user could be
about to hit "Allow" - intending to allow audio-only - when the request
changes to video+audio, causing the users to accidentally grant more
than they intended.

.: Jan-Ivar :.