Re: "Implementing <audio> on top of..." (Re: Initial draft of mediacapture-output spec posted)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 16:03:56 +0100
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> (If one could design the primitives first, and build the other APIs on
> top of them, I think that the result may have a greater chance of being
> useful. But that's not what's being proposed.)

In brief the problem with the web is that we started high and when we
went lower we did not look back to where we came from. Figuring out
where the mismatches are does seem useful so we can plug the holes and
make it all a bit more coherent, but it's not exactly trivial as
Domenic found out:

  https://github.com/domenic/html-as-custom-elements

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/