Re: Screen sharing function name

Den 07. feb. 2015 02:41, skrev Peter Thatcher:
> We discussed it at TPAC.
>
> ​In my notes from, I recorded the following possible name ideas.  I
> can't remember what was proposed or decided there (vs just me
> brainstorming), but here they are:
>
> getSystemMedia()
> getOutputMedia()
> getSystemOutputMedia()
> getSystemGeneratedMedia()

WRT screensharing, I think it's important to remember that this is only
one of the possible uses of this function.

Other functions could, for instance, be interaction recording ("what
went on in this editing session") and screen-as-control-surface ("bring
something up on your screen and I'll look it up with imagesearch and
give you back what most closely resembles it").

I like getSystemGeneratedMedia because it says exactly what's happening,
and I like getSystemMedia because it's symmetric with getUserMedia.

But naming is not what makes me excited.