Re: Screen sharing function name

From: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 17:41:29 -0800
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
We discussed it at TPAC.

​In my notes from, I recorded the following possible name ideas.  I can't
remember what was proposed or decided there (vs just me brainstorming), but
here they are:

getSystemMedia()
getOutputMedia()
getSystemOutputMedia()
getSystemGeneratedMedia()

I vaguely recall one of the considerations being that audio could also
theoretically be captured, which made "getDisplayMedia" less applicable.
I did not that no one liked the name "display" at the time, for what that's
worth.

I think this may be a case of picking the least bad name.

​