Re: Screen sharing function name

From: Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 15:00:31 -0500
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 2/6/15 8:10 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> I pulled the name getOutputMedia from somewhere.

I agree "output" is terribly confusing given the separate spec for
output (speaker) devices.

I think the subject says it all. Everyone understands Screen sharing
better than any other word. All the other names we've tried, we just
mentally map it to Screen sharing anyway. I hear it in conversations,
and I see it on this list. That's when we know we have the right word.

Including the audio from a YouTube video on someone's my desktop in this
definition, doesn't seem problematic to me.

.: Jan-Ivar :.