Re: Status of Promise's in gUM discussion

From: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 06:54:23 -0700
To: Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Cc: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
Stefan,

I don't think this is an accurate summary of the situation.

When I proposed the compromise in your CfC, it was intended as a package
deal.
I certainly am not OK with moving to promises on these APIs without a
backward
compatibility story as well. I suspect that others feel the same.

If you want to declare consensus on just the points you have here, you need
to do a separate consensus call on adding promises *regardless* of backwards
compatibility.

-Ekr