Re: When the light goes on

On 22 May 2014 05:57, Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK
<stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> Non-persistent grants of consent can be paused somehow.  We didn't
>> agree on the precise control surface.  I have proposed the use of
>> "MST.enabled" for this.  That causes the active indicator to disappear
>> but the potential indicator remains.  For a non-persistent grant, only
>> the track ending causes the indicia to disappear.
>
> I fail to parse the above completely. Should the first "non-persistent
> grant" say "persistent grant"?

I meant non-persistent.

The concern here is the scenario that Justin explained, and Shijun
also pointed out a scenario with similar characteristics.

Justin's scenario: An application gains non-persistent consent for
access to a camera, but they want to temporarily suspend the stream.
For instance, my calling app has a mute button.  If the active indicia
were to remain, that would be bad.

Shijun's scenario: An application with non-persistent consent is
suspended.  For instance, on a mobile platform, the user switches
between the browser application and another application.  The
application is not receiving media because it's suspended.  An active
indicator (the light) probably needs to be switched off in this
scenario too.

> And, for clarity, the active indicator would of course only disappear if
> all MSTs that use the source are disabled.

Absolutely.  The model to use here is that the track becomes
temporarily disconnected from its source, which allows the source to
transition to a dormant state if no tracks are using it.  This turns
off any active indicator.