Re: When the light goes on

On 2014-05-22 15:33, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 22 May 2014 05:57, Stefan Håkansson LK
> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>>> Non-persistent grants of consent can be paused somehow.  We didn't
>>> agree on the precise control surface.  I have proposed the use of
>>> "MST.enabled" for this.  That causes the active indicator to disappear
>>> but the potential indicator remains.  For a non-persistent grant, only
>>> the track ending causes the indicia to disappear.
>>
>> I fail to parse the above completely. Should the first "non-persistent
>> grant" say "persistent grant"?
>
> I meant non-persistent.

Ah, I think I got it then. In the last sentence saying "track ending
causes the indicia to disappear" indicia refers to the potential indicator.

> The concern here is the scenario that Justin explained, and Shijun
> also pointed out a scenario with similar characteristics.
>
> Justin's scenario: An application gains non-persistent consent for
> access to a camera, but they want to temporarily suspend the stream.
> For instance, my calling app has a mute button.  If the active indicia
> were to remain, that would be bad.
>
> Shijun's scenario: An application with non-persistent consent is
> suspended.  For instance, on a mobile platform, the user switches
> between the browser application and another application.  The
> application is not receiving media because it's suspended.  An active
> indicator (the light) probably needs to be switched off in this
> scenario too.

This is right down to the "active indicator" part, but you then say "the
light"; I think it was said several times that "the light" is out of
control for the UA and that we'd have to rely on it doing the right thing.