Re: echoCancelation (sic)

> On 04/02/2014 04:28 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:
>> three things
>>
>> 1) if it’s spelled wrong, lets fix it now - I don’t want to accept two spellings that is lame
> agreed!
>> 2) AEC needs tone on by default
> "to be on", I guess
>> 3) I seem to recall that the IETF specs required all WebRTC implementations to support AEC so not worried about case where something does not implement it.
> Yep. From the use-cases-and-requirements draft, browser requirements:
>
>     F7     When there are both incoming and outgoing audio
>             streams, echo cancellation must be made
>             available to avoid disturbing echo during
>             conversation.

I'll note that's from rtcweb IIRC, which is not the same as
getUserMedia() - but I agree the default should be AEC on to avoid
surprises.  (I'm also fine if the UA knows there's no output stream
available for AEC and disables AEC, there's no practical negative impact.)

--
Randell Jesup -- rjesup a t mozilla d o t com