Re: WebIDL-compatible syntax compromise

> As I understand the proposal, one would use "advanced" constraints only
> when one wanted to give further guidance to the browser after the
> required and non-required constraints had been applied

The application order is: required first, then advanced, then non-required. This gives the most deterministic behavior.

I see non-required and advanced as two ways to express optional constraints, the main difference being that one is ordered and more expressive.

So in my mind, someone would switch to advanced when they want more control and more expressive power (i.e. advanced users).

The mixing of ordered and non-ordered seems esoteric, since having both necessitates an order (no pun intended).

.: Jan-Ivar :.

--
.: Jan-Ivar :.