Re: Proposed new text for noaccess

On 27/10/13 15:28, Eric Rescorla wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 4:20 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK
> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com
> <mailto:stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>> wrote:
>
>     To me (and that perhaps says more about my lack of competence than this
>     text) a lot is still unclear:
>

> Hmmm...I think a lot of this follows directly from the constraint model,
> so I'm reluctant to describe it for this particular constraint and not
> others.
>
>     * I think we need to elaborate a bit more of what "accessible to the
>     content JS" means. Can you record (presumably not)?
>

> No, because that's the content of the stream.
>
>     Can you clone?
>

> Yes, because you're just manipulating the handle.

OK. But I still think we should define ""accessible to the content JS".

Similarly we mix talking about "noaccess/identity" being associated with
a MediaStream and a MediaStreamTrack, that is something we also need to
define.

>     * It is also unclear if you can change an existing track from "noaccess"
>     to normal (or vice versa).
>

> Yes, because it's a constraint.
>

>     And if that is done, what will happen with
>     illegal consumers?
>

> That's what the discussion upthread between Harald, Martin, and I is
> partly about.

Yes, but that discussion deals with the case when a stream/track is on
type noaccess when added to PeerConnection, not what happens if it
changes while in operation. (And we have the same case for the Recorder
and Image Capture BTW).

>     * Also unclear is when you can define "noaccess". Is it at gUM? Or at
>     any time?
>

> It's a constraint, so at any time.
>
>     * Should there be any way for the app to check if a stream/track is
>     "noaccess/identiTY"?
>

> It's a constraint, so however constraints behave.

OK, then it can check.