RE: types for direct assignment to media elements

OK, I will write the current draft for MediaStream only, but add an open issue that we need to allow Blob as well.  Once we’re confident that we have direct assignment via MediaStream spec-ed correctly, I’ll add Blob.

-          Jim

From: rocallahan@gmail.com [mailto:rocallahan@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robert O'Callahan
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:51 AM
To: Jim Barnett
Cc: public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: Re: types for direct assignment to media elements

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:48 AM, Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com<mailto:Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>> wrote:
A Blob has a fixed duration doesn’t it, so it would behave more like a file than a MediaStream, wouldn’t it?  If that’s the case, the language could get tricky and I would just as soon wait to add Blob.

I think that's fine.

However, this shouldn't be tricky because the main difference between assigning to srcObject and using createObjectURL is issues around the lifetime of objects.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqeqmq.q qAqnqdq qiqfq qyqoquq qdqoq qgqoqoqdq qtqoq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qaqrqeq qgqoqoqdq qtqoq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq qdqoq qtqhqaqtq.q"