Re: Video Controls

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 17:11:48 +0100
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
On 01/04/2013 08:12 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> On 2013-01-03 02:32, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:
>>
>> Here are roughly what I think we need  - yes there are lots more but
>> this would give a pretty good starting point for version 1.0 and of
>> course whatever we do has to be easily extensible with new ones.
>
> It seems to be quite some overlap with what is in v6 section 4.1 -
> which is good.
>
> What is not in v6 is the the bitrate stuff. It has been argued that
> this is not that relevant in a local use scenario - only when
> transported over a network and therefore should be associated with
> PeerConnection instead.

Bitrates don't really exist until a codec is chosen. I think the
appropriate place to set bitrates is on the transmission path, not on
the device; those constraints should trickle back if needed.

> What is meant by "pan/tilt/roll"?

Move left/right, move up/down; I guess roll is turning the camera around
the lens axis; I've never seen a remote-control camera mount that can do
that, but I guess they exist.