Re: addTrack/removeTrack on gUM streams and PeerConnection remote streams

On 2013-04-17 12:15, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Adam Bergkvist
> <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com <mailto:adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>> wrote:
>
>     The model to let an application-managed MediaStream
>     (BundleMediaStream) inherit from MediaStream is simple but gives us,
>     IMO, a lot. The only drawback I can see is that the event handlers,
>     used to listen to how the UA adds and removes tracks, are available
>     on BundleMediaStream as well. We could add a new common base type to
>     get around that, but I don't think it's a deal breaker.
>

> I'm confused. What's the problem with the event handlers? They would
> remain on MediaStream.

Since they're only used to listen to when the UA updates the track set
they wouldn't be used when it's only the application that manages the
track set.

This is a bit confusing in the current spec. The description of the
events say that they are fired whenever a track is added, which is
misleading since they are not fired in the addTrack()/removeTrack()
algorithms. It's fixed for the next release.

/Adam