Re: How to check if permission denied?

From: Timothy B. Terriberry <tterriberry@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 16:30:28 -0800
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
Martin Thomson wrote:
> I don't see this as gUM.  Maybe there is an adjunct API that produces
> a MediaStream from a file.

We've talked about a captureUntilEnded on the <video> tag before, but
that requires the application to be written so that it can use it. I
think the idea behind allowing users to select a video file instead of a
camera is to let those who don't want to share a camera (or possibly
don't even have one) use applications that were not otherwise designed
to work in this scenario. I.e., it's about user-empowerment, not about
providing a technical feature in the API.