RE: Comment to issues in MediaStream Capture Scenarios: Preview a stream

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 18:10:42 +0000
To: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <tterriberry@mozilla.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
>From: Timothy B. Terriberry [mailto:tterriberry@mozilla.com]
>
>> [bryan] I agree, I cannot think of a typical use case that would
>> require 1:N association.
>
>I can think of several. Suppose you want to take a local capture stream
>and a) send it to a remote PeerConnection, while b) recording it locally
>and/or c) showing a local preview. To say nothing of wanting to send it
>simultaneously to two or more remote PeerConnections (for small
>conferences that don't want to use a dedicated mixer).

Presumably you don't need to call "createObjectURL" in order to send the MediaStream out via a PeerConnection, right? Depending on what we spec, we might not need to createObjectURL in order to record either.

Can you think of a scenario that would require multiple "previews"? In other words, for createObjectURL, should the resultant URL be one-time-use for a video/audio tag, or multi-use? If multi-use, then why?