RE: Thoughts on converging MediaStream and Stream objects

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 20:13:03 +0000
To: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>, Feras Moussa <ferasm@microsoft.com>
CC: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
>>>My worry would be that we become dependent on Stream; I don't know the
>>>planned schedule for it.
>>
>>Yes the early dependency could be a potential problem, however, I hope to
>lend a little credibility to the proposal by noting that it's a relatively
>simple adaptation of the widely supported and implemented File API pattern
>(so unlikely to change too much), and IE10 has already shipped support for
>it in recent previews. Microsoft is also editing that spec, so we have a
>vested interest in getting it finished quickly :-).
>

>Just for info, what is the "official" schedule for it in WebApps (that is
>the WG, rigth?)?

Good question. Perhaps Feras can enlighten us.

Feras, I know this was only recently accepted into the WebApps WG; do you
know the expected schedule or timeline for getting this document done?

It would also be nice to see it listed in the charter's deliverables [1]
and PubStatus page [2].

[1] http://www.w3.org/2010/webapps/charter/#deliverables
[2] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus