W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > June 2012

Re: [API-TestSuite] Proposal for filter test cases

From: Florian Stegmaier <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 10:22:13 +0200
Message-Id: <E02149DF-AFC6-4940-8FF0-A9FE9FA9A234@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Hi Daniel, all,

> By the way, let's finally review and talk about this during the tomorrow call.
> Florian: if necessary, please update the link below before the call.

From my point of view, everything is integrated well. Thank you, Thierry!

> I talked to Philippe at the previous AC meeting. We can send our
> resolution simply to the Philippe and Director, and they will be
> confirming accordingly. That's it.

Great news! If we send the email to Philippe and the Director tomorrow - what transition date can be expected?

Best, Florian

> See you tomorrow on the phone.
> Daniel,
> 
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>> Florian, Joakim,
>> 
>> 
>> I a have updated the Implementation report for the API for Media Resources
>> 1.0
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/API/implementation-report.html
>> 
>> I have added a new section
>> 
>> 5.1.2 Filter Tests for DC format
>> which include a table with the 2 filter tests.
>> 
>> As I was out of office for a while and did not take part of the discussion,
>> please let me know if my update is fine.
>> 
>> My understanding from reading the minutes is that this should close the
>> issue raised by the Director during the Transition Call.
>> 
>> Best,
>> 
>> Thierry
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Le 10/05/2012 09:12, Florian Stegmaier a écrit :
>> 
>>> Dear all,
>>> 
>>> as Joakim told us, we have to integrate test cases for filter criteria in
>>> the API test suite to leave the current status. To move on quickly, i had a
>>> discussion with Werner as well as Thomas (responsible for one of the
>>> reference implementations). We decided to include test cases proofing the
>>> filter criteria on the basis of language selection.
>>> 
>>> Due to heavy schedule, i want to keep modification on a very low rate. I
>>> propose to add the following to filter test cases to the DublinCore example:
>>> 
>>> * title:
>>> 
>>> table entry:
>>> 
>>> D2-f     :: DC :: title :: filter criteria "de" language :: passed :: not
>>> supported :: passed :: title filter response for "de" language
>>> 
>>> with the following input data:
>>> 
>>> <!-- calling DE language -->
>>> <metadata xmlns="http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcdot/"
>>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>> xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcdot/
>>> http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcdot/dcdot.xsd">
>>> <dc:title xml:lang="en">Dublin Core Tutorial</dc:title>
>>> </metadata>
>>> 
>>> and this output data:
>>> 
>>> [ { "MediaAnnotation" : {
>>>        "propertyName" : "",
>>>        "value" : "",
>>>        "language" : "",
>>>        "sourceFormat" : "",
>>>        "fragmentIdentifier" : "",
>>>        "mappingType" : "",
>>>        "statusCode" : 204
>>>        }
>>> } ]
>>> 
>>> 
>>> * description:
>>> 
>>> table entry:
>>> 
>>> D9-f     :: DC :: description :: filter criteria "de" language :: passed
>>> :: not supported :: passed :: description filter response for "de" language
>>> 
>>> with the following input data:
>>> 
>>> <!-- calling DE language -->
>>> <metadata xmlns="http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcdot/"
>>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>> xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcdot/
>>> http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcdot/dcdot.xsd">
>>> <dc:description xml:lang="en">
>>> Learning Advanced Web Design can be fun and easy! Learn how to design web
>>> pages with proper tags, styles, and scripting.
>>> </dc:description>
>>> </metadata>
>>> 
>>> and this output data:
>>> 
>>> [ { "MediaAnnotation" : {
>>>        "propertyName" : "",
>>>        "value" : "",
>>>        "language" : "",
>>>        "sourceFormat" : "",
>>>        "fragmentIdentifier" : "",
>>>        "mappingType" : "",
>>>        "statusCode" : 204
>>>        }
>>> } ]
>>> 
>>> The positive effect is, that with this solution, there is no need to
>>> change a example file, or a RDF file. It should be also sufficient as proof
>>> of concept. Thomas will integrate it in the reference implementation
>>> accordingly. So, if we decide to go for these, include it in the test suite
>>> and mark them green for implementation 1 and 3.
>>> 
>>> Cheers.
>>> _____________________________
>>> Dipl. Inf. Florian Stegmaier
>>> Chair of Distributed Information Systems
>>> University of Passau
>>> Innstr. 43
>>> 94032 Passau
>>> 
>>> Room 248 ITZ
>>> 
>>> Tel.: +49 851 509 3063
>>> Fax: +49 851 509 3062
>>> 
>>> http://www.mendeley.com/profiles/florian-stegmaier/
>>> http://twitter.com/fstegmai
>>> _____________________________
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _____________________________
>>> Dipl. Inf. Florian Stegmaier
>>> Chair of Distributed Information Systems
>>> University of Passau
>>> Innstr. 43
>>> 94032 Passau
>>> 
>>> Room 248 ITZ
>>> 
>>> Tel.: +49 851 509 3063
>>> Fax: +49 851 509 3062
>>> 
>>> http://www.mendeley.com/profiles/florian-stegmaier/
>>> http://twitter.com/fstegmai
>>> _____________________________
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Soohong Daniel Park
> Samsung Electronics, SWC
Received on Monday, 4 June 2012 08:22:48 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 4 June 2012 08:22:48 GMT