W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > October 2011

Issue with resolving the ontology

From: Florian Stegmaier <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 13:06:36 +0200
Message-Id: <0EDF95F7-D5F0-442C-8508-CB6EDFDA4B0A@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>
Cc: Tom Kurz <thomas.kurz@salzburgresearch.at>
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Hi all,

a colleague of mine (Thomas Kurz, CC) encountered a problem with the turtle version of the ontology. He tried to send the mail directly to the mailing list, but it does not work . In order to resolve the problem soon, i will forward it.

Cheers.
##############

Hello Media Annotations group,

i've tried to use the media ontology via Linked Data by accessing the uri http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont. I wanted to get back text/turtle format.
The content negotiation worked well so i got back turtle (but unfortunately with encoding bugs). Here a short snippet:
---
@prefix : &lt;http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont#&gt; .
   @prefix owl: &lt;http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#&gt; .
   @prefix rdfs: &lt;http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#&gt; .
   @prefix xsd: &lt;http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#&gt; .

   &lt;http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont&gt;     a owl:Ontology;
---
As you can see <> is encoded as  &lt;&lr; so i cannot parse it with standard parsers.
It would be great if you could fix that!

THX and best!
Thomas Kurz
Received on Tuesday, 4 October 2011 11:07:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 4 October 2011 11:07:06 GMT