Re: EBUCore example -> JSON response

From: Florian Stegmaier <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 12:49:31 +0100
Cc: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
To: "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@ebu.ch>
Hi Jean-Pierre,

thank you for your comments - it helps me to get things clearer. It is always hard to start from nowhere - your feedback is more than helpful to me.

I will respond inline to your comments. As far as i understood, we have to enlarge the API spec in some case to be consistent to the ontology doc.

> The file that was sent was consistent -> I do not understand the attempt to populate attributes which don't have to be…

This was more or less my fault - i thought it would be a good idea to fill the specific attributes, esp. the links, with controlled vocabularies. I will change it.

> Feedback on EBUCore.
>
> 1) the name has changed in the table quite some time ago and the acronym for EBUCore should be 'ebucore' and not 'ebuc'.

I have not recognized that - will be changed.

> 2) for the 'links' and 'labels' the rule is label and / or link, if required -> optional

I understand. I thought both shall be set.

> 3) in title, typeLabel and typeLink are not required as title is by default the main title

Ok, but i think we should add this information to the API spec as well, right? There is nothing like that.

> 4) in language, languageLink and languageLabel are not required as the language is fully defined already

This should be also reflected in the API document i guess.

> 5) in contributor, languageLink must remain empty -> and/or rule above -> label is defined

Ok.

> 6) in creator -> no need to refine creator therefore roleLabel and roleLink remain empty

Ok.

> 7) MADate -> where does the MA come from

This is a problem due to reserved naming conventions. "Date" is a reserved name and cannot be used in WebIDL - i do not know the real issue why, but i think it haste do with HTML5 naming conventions. To have this defined, we use the prefix MA.

> 8) label/link -> see and/or rule above

Ok.

> 9) Relation -> type label and link must remain empty -> no need for refinement

Ok.