RE: Checked metadata examples and RDF files

Hello Thierry,

As a long-time lurker on this list, and as a member of the WAI gang (and a
current co-chair of the A11yTF of HTML5), I just wanted to make note that
using color alone here is problematic for many users of various types of
visual impairment - certainly any blind user will be completely shut out,
but also any user who has color-blindness may be affected, with red/green
color blindness the most common type of this condition there is
(http://www.colblindor.com/2010/03/16/red-green-color-blindness/).
Finally, the contrast colors of the "red" category (the blue hyperlinks on
red background) are likely insufficient in contrast for some low-vision
users.

What I might suggest instead is to use some other form of visual notation
key to track the status of the various work products. For example, rather
than using red / green / yellow you could append each item with something
like [V] / [NV] / [CV] for Validated, Not Validated, and Cannot Validate,
such as:

If there is a desire to continue to use color, you may still do so (watch
your foreground/background contrast), but relying on color *alone* is a
contradiction/contravention of W3C's WCAG2 Recommendations, and I think we
would all agree that the W3C should be eating its own dog-food, yes? If I
can assist in any way in helping with remediation please do not hesitate
to let me know - I would be happy to help.

Cheers!

JF
============================
John  Foliot
Program Manager
Stanford Online Accessibility Program
http://soap.stanford.edu
Stanford University
Tel: 650-468-5785

---
Co-chair - W3C HTML5 Accessibility Task Force (Media)
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Main_Page