Re: Response to your LC Comment -2393 on Media Ontology spec

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:54:35 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, James Salsman <jsalsman@talknicer.com>
CC: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>

This is exactly what I have told James, in my earlier email in response
to his last call comment.
"To focus on your request to include VP8 and speex in our Ontology, the
mapping tables are intended for multimedia *metadata formats*.
- VP8 is an open video compression format (codec).
- Speex is a free audio codec for Free Speech.
These are not *metadata formats*, and therefore not meant to be listed
in our mapping tables".

As James raised an objection if this 2 formats were not included, I have
asked him to provide the 2 mapping tables for Speex and VP8, and see
what he could provide ...

And, as we had concluded in the MAWG  that on the container carries
metadata, I have in a couple of emails asked James to provide a mapping
table for the media container formats WebM.

an pointed to the template to use

I am still waiting for James to provide this information if he wants to
see it in the spec. A place holder for this containet is already created