Re: Definition for ma:compressions and ma:format

The codecs parameter of the MIME types has not been used extensively
other than by MPEG FAIK. Ogg recently added it to their MIME type
definition. WebM doesn't need it because it has restricted its codecs
to VP8 and Vorbis. However, it is relatively simple to add the codecs
parameter to the end of existing MIME types even if they are not
standardized.

I would prefer using the codecs parameter on the MIME type in
ma:format (why not call it ma:mimetype?). I also agree that
ma:compression is obsolete then and should be removed.

Incidentally, HTML5 also uses MIME types with codecs parameter for this purpose.

Cheers,
Silvia.