action 226

From: Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:57:00 +0200
To: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Dear all,
As promised during last telcon I have checked the mapping table to see which formats are ready of LC publication. The result in short: only the MPEG7 and SMTPD tables have everything filled out (good work Werner)! Perhaps other formats are complete, but cannot be fully mapped for some reasons?

Q: What is the purpose of "How to do the mapping".
Is it to give a description/comment about of the mapping?  Only Jean-Pierre and Werner has used it!
Do we want to keep this field in LC? If so we have to fill it out!

1) We have do designate a editor for XMP. Volunteer?

2) Each editor has to check his/her format and respond to my comment below.

In a not so distant future (after easter holidays) we have to vote on which formats to publish as LC, depending on their shape!

== Current status of format mappings:
XMP  (no editor designated):
 nothing defined

ID3 (joakim):
 datatype missing

iTunes (David):
 attribute mapping is incomplete
 relation (semantic mapping) missing
 no datatypes defined
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

QT (David):
 relation (semantic mapping) missing
 no datatypes defined
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

Search Monkey (Tobias):
 nothing defined
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

MediaRDF (Tobias):
 have definitions for most fields, but some attributes are left out!

LOM (Tobias):
 have definitions for most fields, but some attributes are left out!

METS (Tobias):
 have definitions for most fields, but some attributes are left out!

EXIF (Tobias):
 have definitions for most fields, but some attributes are left out!

CL 1.1 (Joakim):
 relation (semantic mapping) missing
CL 2.0 (Joakim)
 attribute mapping is incomplete
 relation (semantic mapping) missing
 no datatypes defined
MediaRDF (Chris):
 have definitions for most fields, but some attributes are left out!

MIX (Felix):
 attribute mapping is incomplete
 relation (semantic mapping) missing
 no datatypes defined
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

FRBR (Victor):
 Only two attributes mapped!
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

MediaRSS (Wonsuk):
 no datatypes defined
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

TXFeed (Wonsuk):
 no datatypes defined
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

YouTube (Wonsuk):
 no datatypes defined
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

VRA (Veronique):
 no datatypes defined
 relation (semantic mapping) missing
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

IPTC (Jean-Pierre):
 relation (semantic mapping) missing
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

TVA (Jean-Pierre):
 relation (semantic mapping) missing
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

EBUCore (Jean-Pierre):
 relation (semantic mapping) missing
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

EBUP (Jean-Pierre):
 no datatypes defined
 relation (semantic mapping) missing
 old lay-out, change order of rows (see summary page)!

MPEG7 (Werner + Frank):
 complete!

SMTPD (Werner):
 complete!

Best Regards
/Joakim

[http://www.ericsson.com/shared/images/Email_line.gif]

JOAKIM SÖDERBERG M.Sc, Ph.D
Multimedia Indexing, Senior Research Engineer, Chair W3C MAWG

Ericsson Research
Multimedia Technologies
Sweden
SMS/MMS +46761263915