W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-annotation@w3.org > April 2010

RE: F2F next week and the ash cloud condition

From: Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:26:29 +0200
To: Daniel Park <soohongp@gmail.com>, Florian Stegmaier <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>
CC: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Message-ID: <3D1B26CB887F464CB9F56DEE3D214C9601D88CB4@ESESSCMS0361.eemea.ericsson.se>
I just spoke to my travel agency and my flight will operate as schduled, so I will be in Vienna on monday morning!

/Joakim

________________________________
From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Park
Sent: den 21 april 2010 08:40
To: Florian Stegmaier
Cc: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Subject: Re: F2F next week and the ash cloud condition

Florian and folks,

Now, I think we should go on to the original schedule in Vienna next week (Mon to Wed).

Have a safe journey to Vienna and look forward to seeing all of you in there under the blue sky in next Monday.



Daniel,

PS: Werner, our social is a seeing of disruptive volcano ? ...^.^




On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Florian Stegmaier <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de<mailto:stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>> wrote:
Dear Daniel,

what´s the current situation? Is there a trend observable if the f2f will take place or not?


Best,
Florian

Am 19.04.2010 um 04:10 schrieb Daniel Park:

Hello folks,

We decided not to have a call this week. The F2F is in next week, but I am not sure if all participants can make a safe flight to Vienna due to the ash cloud in EU. As of today, all of flights for EU are cancelled in my country. Not so much different in others conturies in my feeling. Also, Werner who is a host of our F2f in Vienna is still waiting for his flight in US.

Now we have a time before boarding, but also I believe we should think about that situation seriously.

Let me ask a couple of questions like below
(NOTE: It's not an official voting, rather just glancing at the current situation within the group before the F2F in EU]

[Q1] The ash cloud dependency to your journey?
[1] YES, I can't make a flight to Vienna, and no alternative transportation to Vienna.
[2] WELL, some alternatives are allowed such as train, bus, own drive to Vienna.

[Q2] Postpone or keep going in case the current situation is not changed until the next week ?
[1] Postpone until the cloud is clear (depends Werner can be a host for the changed date) ->needs to be rescheduled (in May)
[2] Keep going regardless of the condition (surely, non-EU residents can't make an attendance this time including myself)


Please remark your opinion and reply to chairs directly not mailing-list by Tuesday (April 20)


Daniel

--
Soohong Daniel Park
Samsung Electronics, DMC R&D
http://sites.google.com/site/natpt00 | Twitter@natpt


_____________________________
Dipl. Inf. Florian Stegmaier
Chair of Distributed Information Systems
University of Passau
Innstr. 43
94032 Passau

Room 248 ITZ
Tel.: +49 851 509 3063
Fax: +49 851 509 3062
stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de<mailto:stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>
https://www.dimis.fim.uni-passau.de/iris/
_____________________________




--
Soohong Daniel Park
Samsung Electronics, DMC R&D
http://sites.google.com/site/natpt00 | Twitter@natpt
Received on Wednesday, 21 April 2010 18:14:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 April 2010 18:14:12 GMT